Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Veggie Alfredo Pizza



So my husband just recently requested that I make this recipe and last night I got right to it! I love nothing more than when my husband's tummy is happy and full with good food that I made him, it's one of my favorite things--knowing that the people I love are enjoying the food I prepared! Especially when the food I prepared is healthy, guilt-free and full of colorful yummy veggies!

If you know my husband, you know that he really doesn't like anything with the words "Whole Wheat", "healthy recipe" and "Greens" in the recipe (ha ha). But much to the dismay of his silly taste-buds, the day he said "I Do" to me he agreed to healthy and good-for-you food when he comes home from work ;) and two years into marriage i think he is finally starting to get used to that (thank you baby). But in Ben's defense, I've had a lot of recipe failures when it comes to healthy foods, putting a somewhat bad taste in his mouth (pun intended). So when I 'invented' this awesome, delicious and great-for-you pizza that he delightfully devoured (like my use of adjectives there?), I jumped at the chance to make it more often! I had finally won him over to the good side after many failed attempts on my part.


And you want to know something that totally makes my pizza? The ingredient that I never thought would make it such a hit but makes it oh so delectable? The Alfalfa Sprouts. Yep. That and a Red Onion totally make this pizza so good in mine and my husband's opinion, and it sets it apart from all other Veggie Alfredo Pizzas already out there.  Not only that but this pizza you can literally stack heaps and heaps and heaps of all sorts of vegetables and it always 'compresses' itself, if you will, down into a regular-sized pizza. I think that's one of the things I like about making this pizza...you can make a rainbow of all sorts of great veggies with it. And don't forget the cheese!

So without further adieu, I give you my latest kitchen hit, that is too easy for me to mess up, my Veggie Alfredo Pizza with Sprouts! 



Ingredients:




  • 1 Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (or you can sub with a Gluten-Free Crust, works great)
  • 1 1/2 Cups Mozarella Cheese
  • 1/2 Cup of Chopped Green onion or Red Onion (Red onion if you desire a stronger flavor, it can really make this pizza even more delicious)
  • Alfredo Sauce (this can be either store-bought or homemade)
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Chopped Mini Bell Peppers
  • 1 1/2 to 2 cups of Freshly Chopped Spinach
  • 1 Big Handful of Alfalfa Sprouts
**Optional: For the Meat-lovers out there (ehem, my husband), you can add 1/2 cup of Shredded Chicken


Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350° 
-Start off with your empty Pizza Crust! Spread Alfredo on it to your liking (usually I put on just a small amount but I know how much my hubby really likes his Alfredo so I put a generous amount on).




-After that, add your 1 1/2 cups of Mozorella Cheese on top.
-Next you will want to take your 1/2 cup of chopped onions and sprinkle them on top of the Alfredo and the cheese.



-Next up is your 1 1/2 to 2 Cups of Chopped Spinach! Sprinkle that on top of everything as well. Make sure to wash your Spinach beforehand too...I should also say that I love my spinach so don't be afraid to go a little crazy and pile more than this amount on! I most certainly do...



-Now take your Chopped Bell Peppers and spread them around over the heaping pile of spinach you just put on.


-Next take a 1 BIG handful of of Alfalfa Sprouts and sprinkle it on your Pizza! If you want you can go the extra mile and put even more on...I love loading lots of sprouts on my pizza but that's just me.





-Mmk. So I know what you're thinking "What a MESS!" and "is that really going to all shrink down?!". YES. I promise you it will. That was my first initial reaction too the first few times I made it but trust me it all compresses down into a regular-pizza be assured.

***Optional: You can add your chicken and more mozerella cheese on top of all these things if you'd like to as well. If your hubby is anything like mine, I'm sure he will appreciate having meat on his pizza ;)


-At ease people, I promise it will shrink down even if you decide to add chicken and more cheese.

-Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 and here is what you get!




-It is very delicious and really easy. In fact, my pizza is so good even babies like it...leaving trails of it wherever they go (ehem...)



My little boy put Hansel and Gretel to shame he left so many crumbs behind (hehee). But he both he and my husband really love this pizza and I hope you do too! Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions or comments to make about this recipe (i'm a newbie to the blogging world so forgive me if my photos did not turn out or recipe format is not as pro as your's ;) )

Thanks and with love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment